Monday, November 1, 2010

NSGSC Strikers vs. Port Moody

Sunday,31st 12 p.m.

   Hi,  here to give you the first post on my team the Strikers.I am the Captain for my select silver 1 team. For the rest of my teams soccer season I will give you updates and pictures of the team.We are ranked second in the league right now.

  Yesterdays game started out  ok .We had possession of the ball for most of the first half,but toward the end of the period we started to loose momentum. With 25 seconds left in the first half Port Moody got a throw-in.The Port Moody player was all by herself,she shot and it went right over our goalies head and hands. There was no way our goalie could have stopped it, unless she was 6 feet tall!The first goal of the game went to Port Moody.
                                            
In the second half we had a fresh attitude.We went on the field confident.In the first 5 minutes of the second half Caroline (the other forwards on the right side)(with me on the left)passed the ball to me, I shot from the 18 yard line,we scored!!!!!!!! The goal really gave us the confidence that we needed. Now it was a tied game! It was 2 minutes after my goal when I past it to Haley.(Mid field player), Haley shot and we scored again!!It was an amazing goal!! From that moment on we were ruling the game! The ref blew his whistler , and we won the game!!

 It was an great game. Two very well matched teams!

  I will update you next week on my next game!!  Lindsay

    

6 comments:

  1. Hello Lindsay I think that your blog sounds very interesting,and I can't wait to read more.I also think that you are very good at writing and you make something simple into something exciting and active. Your game sounds like it was very interesting and it's good to see that you had challenge when you played against a team that was a t your level and you still beat them!I'm so happy that your game was such I success !

    Can't wait to hear more!

    Brenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lindsay! I like the fact that you mix in posts about a professional team and about your own team. It brings out the point of the game being to get out there and just play, regardless of what age or level you might be. Reading your blog makes me want to get my cleats out and join up again. I played up until last summer but I didn't play this summer because of my travels for my wedding and I didn't sign up for this year's winter league. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lindsay!
    Your blog sounds awesome, and I can't wait to read more! I'm very happy for you that you're the captain. When you wrote about the Whitecaps game, I felt like I was there!! =)
    CORYNN

    CHICKEN POT PIE
    -NICOLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you can't win them all. Anyways I like your blog!!! It's so awesome!!!!!! I think everyone should have a sacred sport. For me, that's horseback riding. And for others it is soccer. I agree with Corynn. It did feel like I was right there watching the game. Who wrote CHICKEN POT PIE though. I also agree with Brenna. You make every post very exciting!!!! I can't wait for your next post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh and congragulations on being the captain! You totally deserve it!!!! Anyways got to go!!! I'm on the fifth of harry potter and I have five days left before the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete